A dental implant is a substitute, or replacement, tooth root which provides a stable and permanent foundation for a replacement crown.
Implants are a treatment option for patients who require single or multiple tooth replacement or who currently have uncomfortable/problematic dentures or bridges. They can help restore almost anyone’s smile even if natural teeth have been lost to injury or disease.
Implants are very durable with a lifetime of many years and require the same “maintenance” as real teeth including brushing, flossing and regular dental check-ups.
Following is a list of the benefits/advantages of implant therapy:
- Virtually stops the bone resorption process.
- Restores mouth to a natural state.
- Look, feel and function of natural teeth.
- Does not compromise adjacent teeth.
- Increased stability.
- Eliminates pain of dentures and partials.
- Improved appearance.
- Improved ability to bite and chew.